Sunday, March 2, 2008

Buffalo Ski Training Update

This week, I went cross country skiing a total of three times, each time averaging about 35 minutes of solid workout, including hills, and breaking trails in fresh snow. I ran once, so there were four total workouts for the week This is consistent with my winter maintenance mode, and has also provided some excellent cross training without the stress on the old joints. In addition, there was even an element of fun!

This coming week will be tough. I skiied today for about 33 minutes, but will be traveling and working late hours Monday thru Wednesday. I will return to Buffalo Wed. afternoon, and hope to run that night. However, I'll be doing well if I get in 4 workouts this week.

Following this week, I hope to start the spring mileage buildup, but may try to work in some biking or cross training to prevent injury.

I hope everyone else is doing well..............(including Greg, Dave Caplin's son, the 400 meter prodigy...........)

Mark

No comments: