Sunday, March 2, 2008

Charlottesville Training Update

It was cold by Charlottesville standards for the last week or so.  Therefore I haven't been on the track and some of my running has even been on a treadmill.
 
Now I'm Tokyo where the weather is okay.  Sunday I ran without a sweatshirt.  I'll be here for about a week.  I return home via Indiana.  The good news is that in Indiana I might be able to workout once on an indoor track (a friend of mine is a dean at a college).
 
Hopefully, by the time I get to Charlottesville it will be spring-like and I can start working hard again.

1 comment:

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

I was in Kansas City most of last week for work and actually did not run, even once. One of the guys I was working with was a 1:57 half miler in college, and we tried to run one day, but ran out of time. Now that I've traveled for the first time in a while, I remember how difficult it is to run while out of town, much less out of the country.

I cross country skiid the Sunday before I left, then due to winter storm, again Friday, Saturday, and today. These last 3 days were tremendous exercise, because we had over a foot of snow, and I had to plow my own tracks the first lap around. Yesterday and today were both in very deep snow, and I skiid a solid 45 minutes straight yesterday. The track may not be bare for a couple more weeks at this rate!