Thursday, March 13, 2008

Buffalo Winter Cross Training Continues!

After last weekends 16-inch or so snow storm, I'm continuing to cross country ski. I have not run in over a week, but I went cross skiing last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I took Tuesday off, and skiid again yesterday. The weather is supposed to warm up into the upper 30s with rain/snow over the next couple days, so I may finally start running again. My perception is that cross country skiing has been an excellent cross training activity, but since there are slightly different muscles involved, I'm not sure where I'll be from a running perspective. The track will take a few days for the snow to dissipate, so I probably won't do my initial mile time trial for another 10 days or so. I know I predicted that my first mile in early spring would be the same or better than last December's 5:43............well, we'll just have to see.........

No comments: