Monday, March 24, 2008

Buffalo "Spring" Training Begins

Well, fellow SUNY B Bloggers, I have officially started "Spring" training here in Buffalo, New York. Spring training, of course, is a term used only because Spring officially began last week, and quite unrelated to weather conditions. Temperatures have hovered in the 30s the past few days, including some light snow. One advantage, however, is that the track is still completely snow covered, so I did not have to "face the music" with the first mile time trial of the year as of yet. Although my perception is that I trained rather well this winter compared to normal, my 4 and 5 mile runs this past week have been a bit on the slow side, and I don't feel that spring in my legs yet.

Later this week, I expect the arrival of my Garmin 205 GPS watch, so I am hoping that will inspire me to run faster, by virtue of the virtual training partner function. I wonder if you can name the virtual training partner?

Anyway, this past week I ran a total of 4 times for a total of 17 miles. Yesterday I did not run, but today was 5 miles, and I hope to run 5 times this week. Once the snow melts from the track, I will get out there and do a mile, although no guarantees of time. I'm hoping now just to break 6 minutes my first time out.

Mark

No comments: