Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mid-week Ski Report from Buffalo

First, best wishes to Dave Caplin, who I've heard is home from the hospital, and recently was able to go watch his son compete in an indoor track meet! Now on to the more mundane.........

After running 4 miles Sunday earlier this week, I took two days off, then went out cross country skiing this evening, as we accumulated about 4 inches of snow yesterday. Unfortunately, the temperature this evening was 15 degrees, with a "real feel" considering wind chill of about zero. Nonetheless, I skiid for 36 minutes straight (possibly 3 miles), at a brisk pace. Although Eric has made one joke about skiing vs. track, I somehow did not feel this was an easy cross training day, with the wind blowing in my face, creating the illusion of sub-zero temperatures.

I'm hoping that this kind of "dead of winter" workout will also be a pyschological toughening that will prove critical come Spring track season.

Mark

No comments: