Sunday, February 24, 2008

Buffalo Winter Training Update

I made it through yet another week of winter in Buffalo, this time a bit better than last week. I ran three times (5 miles, 4 miles, and 5.5 miles) with one episode of cross country skiing (30 minutes) in between. Although the skiing was around the high school fields and trails on 2 inches of snow, it was a good workout, and of course, no pounding on the legs.

Today I started off the week with a relatively comfortable 4 miles. The weather has mellowed somewhat, changing from teens during the week (that was a cold run) to over 30 by this weekend, and even sunny!

Another highlight of this week was the lunar eclipse, which occurred on a cold Buffalo night. This photo was captured by my daughter, Kaila, at nearly the point of the full eclipse. My photography is so notoriously poor that she nabbed the camera from me and took the photo herself.

Mark

No comments: