Monday, May 9, 2011

A solid week!

This past week was one of my best training weeks in many months. I finished the week with 29 miles. Many of those miles were on grass/trails, and there were also two "speed" workouts included. One of the speed workouts was a 5 mile run on the roads, with a 1.5-mile tempo run included at 6:43/mile. The second was a track workout on Saturday consisting of 8 400 meter intervals, with 90-second rest intervals. I think I averaged about 82 to 82.5 seconds per quarter. I did not record them, but kept mental track during the workout. The first was 83, the second 82, then a series of about 82.5, then an 82, and finally, 81.4 for the last interval. I was encouraged, although I was hoping to run a bit faster, this workout was at the end of a fairly tough, 6-day running week.

This week will be a bit lighter, as I missed running yesterday due to family visiting/Mother's Day, and will likely not be able to run tonight (grandson babysitting duties).

However, if I can keep this type of running up, including the track workouts, I am hopeful regarding improving my mile time.

Mark

No comments: