Monday, March 14, 2011

Early Spring

Yesterday I went running on the track at Charlottesville High School for the first time in months. The run wasn't much--I just wanted to start working on getting the feel of the track again. The weather was fantastic. It was the first day of DST so at 5:00 there was plenty of light and it was in the 70s. I wore a brand new pair of running shorts. By the way, the price of running shorts is insane. I bought them on sale at our local running shop and they were still well over $20. That's more than I sometimes pay for a pair of real pants.

After the run I did an easy 30 minutes on the exercise bike--so I've had my first double workout of the year.

My legs are still sore. I'm looking forward to the soreness going away so I can start to run faster.

1 comment:

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

70s?????? we have still been in the 30s here, with snow on the ground AGAIN this morning. In fact, I haven't had my snow tires swapped out yet for fear of another round! Anyway, I'm encouraged that you made it to the track, AND did a double workout. Bruce was always big on double workouts, although I wasn't. The soreness will definitely leave, and soon you'll be on your way to that sub-6 mile, or sub 2:45 half mile, or something.......

Mark