Friday, September 3, 2010

Running Update: good and bad

Last week, I ran about 22.5 miles, the most in many weeks, including some good rolling hills in Potomac, Maryland. This week is a different story. After playing a couple tough tennis matches on Sunday and Monday, I did nothing (other than a weight workout) on Tuesday and Wednesday, then finally ran 4 miles at 8:28 per mile last night. My daughter is back in nursing school after the summer off (night school), so my grandson babysitting duties in the evening have picked up. By the time I entertain him, help him eat dinner, give him a bath, read stories, and then hang around in his room while he falls asleep, it is close to 9 pm, and my motivation for running is significantly decreased. Anyway, I should be able to run tonight, and then each day on the long weekend (although I would also like to play tennis).

Cross country season is upon us!!!!

Mark

No comments: