Friday, September 10, 2010

Running and Tennis Update

After a good start to the week, with a 6 miler on both Sunday and Monday, I did not run Tuesday (but lifted some weights and did ab work), then nothing Wednesday (weights and abs). After dinner and putting the grandson to bed last night, I forced myself out the door in the dark and ran 5 miles on the roads. I purposely did not bring my watch, but if I had to guess, I think I averaged about 8:20 per mile. So, now I have 17 miles in this week. Tonight I will play a tennis match with a good competitor (we're about dead even 3.5 players), so that will be decent exercise. I plan on running about 6.5 miles Saturday, if possible, including some rolling hills.

Then Sunday, I'm driving to Maryland to help out with my dad. Depending on when I leave the house, I'll try to run 4 miles when I arrive, then I hope I can run at least 3 or 4 times during the week in Maryland. I found out that there is a nice trail system near my brother's house (Cabin John Creek trail), so I hope to run there a couple times. The area has rolling hills, so I should get in some good workouts.

Mark

No comments: