Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fastest Training Run of Year in Lightning Storm

Although not really related to the thunderstorm that I ran in last night, this was my fastest training run of the year to date. I didn't really even plan to run faster. First, I had to mow the lawn fast before it rained, but by the time I finished and got ready to run, the rain had started, then thunder and lightning by the first mile, and heavy rain by the latter part of the run.

After a first mile at about 8:30 pace, I decided to do a few longer fartleks, so I did about 4 of those throughout the run, about 2 to 3 minutes each. I'm guessing these were at 7 min/mile or faster pace, since my average pace at the end of a 4-mile run (on roads) was exactly 8:00 per mile.

Anyway, it was encouraging to see faster times, although I did take the day before off. I plan to take tonight off, then run Friday and Saturday.

Then it is back to Maryland Sunday, for another few days of "hill" training.

Mark

No comments: