Thursday, February 17, 2011

Winter Thaw!

Finally, a winter thaw! Now, actually, i'm a bit disappointed, because I just bought new XC skis, and would have liked to try them out in the woods this weekend. Although the weather is supposed to cool back down over the weekend, I don't see any significant snow coming, so trail conditions will be marginal.

However, I couldn't resist a run Wednesday night in the dark, so I went out for 4 miles on the roads. I purposely did not take a watch, but felt like I was moving along at a decent clip. I was, however, starting to wish the run was over with about a mile to go, indicating either a lack of fitness, or muscles just not used to running.

Yesterday, the winter thaw increased its intensity, with temperatures nearly tropical, approaching 50 degrees. Again, I couldn't resist running, and did another 4 miles, averaging about 8:29 per mile.

I just signed up for the clay court tennis club again this year, so once again, I'll have a dilemma regarding running vs. tennis starting in May, and ending in early October.

Mark

No comments: