Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good Tuesday Workout

You may notice that so far this spring, all my posts are relatively dull training updates, with no time trials or race results. By this time last year, I had done at least a couple mile time trials. This year, I am going to try for a semblance of a "distance" base before really working on time trials. Last week, I ran 22.5 miles, with a long run of 5.2 miles. This week, i would like to hit 23 miles, if possible, with a long run of 5.5 or 6 miles.

Last night I ran a fairly brisk 4.5 miles on trails at 8:15/mile, and felt pretty good (included three fartleks of about 200 meters each).

Yes, I will do a mile time trial soon, just to make sure I'm in relatively decent condition. As usual, my goal for the first mile of the year is just to break 6 minutes, then the next goal is 5:48 (the Norton Barrier, search previous posts for the significance of this). And of course, ultimately, I would like to make a stab at a sub-5-minute mile this year. That will remain to be seen.

Mark

No comments: