Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Special Mid-Week Time Trial!

As a special bonus to the many followerers of this blog (all 3 of them?), I conducted a rare mid-week time trial tonight. With a potential mile race looming on Saturday, I felt that a mid-week time trial (a 2-mile), might just simulate the feeling of a track season, similar to high school and college days. The results were mixed. With a goal of sub-12 minutes, I managed a very tough 12:04.9, and had to really grind it out. Splits were 86, 3, 4:32, 6:04, 7:37, 9:07, 10:37, and then an 88 or so for a final 12:04.85. I'm not sure what this means for predicting Saturday's performance. I think it was a very good mental exercise. I ran a hard speed workout on Monday, so there wasn't much recovery time. Tomorrow I'll probably try to run 4 miles, then no running on Friday, but lots of driving, taking Kaila back to Binghamton. The mile race is Saturday morning. I'm keeping my options open and won't decide for sure until Friday night. Stay tuned!

Oh, and by the way, this is 50 year plus PR in the 2-mile for me!

3 comments:

neils said...

Only about 30 years no see, just happeend to notice you guys and hard to believe you are still alive and running :)

Yes this is Neil Schutzman ('77), still running after a fashion, though no more than 15 or 20 miles a week, last race I ran about a year ago was 21 minutes fo 5K.

Hope you are all doing well, take care.

Neil Schutzman

PS Bonnie says hi.

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

Neil? Bonnie???? Great to hear from you!! My email address is mraybuck@roadrunner.com, although that will be changing tomorrow. You can also reach me at mark.raybuck@parsons.com (work email). I would like to catch up with you. Hope you don't think I'm immature after looking through the Mark and Eric's Running blog!

neils said...

Trying to send you email, but if it doesn't get through you can reach me at schutzman_neil@emc.com