Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mile Race Results!


Note: click on title of post for link to results (then click on Results, then Mueller Mile).

(See number 350 in black)

I finally entered a mile race, and in the pouring rain, was able to lower my season's best time by about 4 seconds, to 5:24. It helped to have some competition, including some fellow 50 to 54 year olds, who were right with me until the final meters (I managed to sneak by them). I guess I could say I'm now 4 seconds closer to a sub-5, but it still seems remote!

2 comments:

Eric said...

What’s interesting is that Mark could have said that was #268 and I would have believed it. In fact, #268 even looks a little like me. This proves once again that all middle-aged bald white men look alike.

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

I'm glad I mentioned my race number, then! I think that other guy (268) has better biceps than me, though.