Monday, September 22, 2008

My Foot

The day after my last blog entry ("Today's 440 Yard Time Trial ") I was having a nice easy twilight run at Baylands Park in Sunnyvale, California.  All seemed okay, although the run was a bit sluggish.  I think my legs were still feeling the effects of the time trial.  Also, I had gotten up very early to make a 5:20 A.M. flight.
 
When I got back to my hotel room my left foot was really hurting.  I don't know exactly what happened and when, but I thought my foot be broken--perhaps a stress fracture.
 
I'm on the mend.  In fact, the last two times I've run my foot was pain-free while running and it was only later in the day that I my had some minor foot pain.  So I think it will be okay and probably wasn't broken.  I suspect that the injury was a result of poor support in my running shoes since the only change I made was switching shoes.
 
The last month has not been productive running-wise.  I've had to run less often, slower, and shorter.  I feel like I've been set back at least a few months.  Oh well, at least I'm still running and my foot is not broken.

No comments: