Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Trot?

From: Mark Raybuck [mailto:mraybuck@roadrunner.com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 10:13 PM
To: billmcm@rochester.rr.com
Cc: Eric Kaplan
Subject: RE: RE: Turkey Trot?

Bill:

Will do. Is there no cure for this? I've been running since I was about 13! Nearly 37 years now!
Mark
-----Original Message-----
From: billmcm@rochester.rr.com [mailto:billmcm@rochester.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 7:34 PM
To: mraybuck@roadrunner.com
Subject: Re: RE: Turkey Trot?
Mark:
If you do decide to run indoor meets at RIT let me know. Misery loves company & I could probably be persuaded to run if I had company.
Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Raybuck
Date: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:32 pm
Subject: RE: Turkey Trot?
To: billmcm@rochester.rr.com
> Bill:
>
> I think your summer running is probably still carrying your overall
> fitness,since you put in so many miles. Sounds like you're coming
> along and could get back a decent level of fitness quickly.
>
> I suspect you have to register early for the Turkey Trot, but they may
> have race day registration....not sure. Anyway, maybe we'll catch you
> on the indoor track later this winter?
>
> Maybe you experienced this a few years ago, but now that I'm nearly
> 50, I keep waffling being "retiring" from competitive running (pushing
> hard enough in a race to suffer) or continuing, and pursuing a sub-5
> mile at 50 (nextspring or summer, as I turn 50 on April 1). I had
> quite a bit of fun this fall, running 3 races (one 5K cross country,
> one 8-mile XC/trail run, and one 5K road race), with two to go (the
> Turkey Trot and the Reindeer Run 5K).
> I also enjoy running by myself on training runs, especially when I'm
> in shape enough to enjoy it. However, running mile time trials on the
> trackwasn't much fun......just a drudgery....maybe I need to get over
> to RIT this winter and run some indoor races. It always seems easier
> with people around (although it still hurts if you try to run fast).
>
> Anyway, next fall (I think September 28) is the Gary Truce 5K again,
> so I may have to keep going for another year...........
>
> Mark
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: billmcm@rochester.rr.com [mailto:billmcm@rochester.rr.com]
> Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 1:46 PM
> To: mraybuck@adelphia.net
> Subject: Re: Turkey Trot?
>
> Mark:
> I hadn't planned on running it because I haven't been running much -
> 8 to 10
> miles per week/1
> to 2 times a
> week. However, I have run 3 days in a row now - 4, 5 & 3 miles.
> Today I did
> my favorite
> "hard" run around the
> perimeter of the park 4 times. I usually run the 1st & last laps easy
> pushing laps 2 & 3. Today I ran 5:24, 4:45,
> 4:25 & 5:24. I was really pleased with the times so I guess I'm not in
> as bad of shape as I thought. So I will play Thursday by ear. My gut
> reaction is that I probably won't run it.
> Instead I
> will run the fun run
> in Genesee County
> Park.
> Bill
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: mraybuck@adelphia.net
> Date: Monday, November 19, 2007 1:18 pm
> Subject: Turkey Trot?
> To: Bill McMullen
>
> > Bill:
> >
> > Are you running the Turkey Trot? I will be there. Let me know, and
> > I'll look for you at the start.
> >
> > Based on current conditioning, I'm thinking of running about a
> 6:30
> > first mile, then see how I feel from there.
> >
> > Mark

No comments: