Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cross Country Begins!

The official cross country season has begun, on two fronts!

1.  I ran in long sleeves for the first time this fall two nights ago.  It was a great run, with cool temps (thus, the the long sleeves) inspiring me to a 5.5 mile trail run with some rolling hills at an alarmingly fast (and surprisingly easy) 7:58/mile average pace.  Typical runs of late, especially in the summer, have been 8:30 to 9 minute pace.  The surprising thing about this run, although when I started I said to myself "let's see if we can run a bit faster today" was how good it felt.

2. I am planning to run a 5K trail race this Saturday.  This is the same race that I "won" last year, by virtue of the first place guy participating on a Father/Son team, and thus was not eligible for the overall trophy.  Not sure if I'm quite in the same condition as last year, but we shall see!

Mark

No comments: