Saturday, November 26, 2011

Why do we run?

The Runner's Version of Solitude
Although 99% of the time, I think I'm like Forrest Gump, and I just run for "no partic'lar reason," every once in a while, I get philosophical about running,  This photo of me in a recent cross country race very aptly describes one of the feelings I sometimes have about running, and perhaps is experienced occasionally by every runner.  Although surrounded by fellow runners and competitors, sometimes...just sometimes.....you are completely by yourself............what do you think???

Mark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

running is an activity! i wonder whose idea it was for that picture...(mine)

Eric said...

I know this might sound like I'm not answering the question, but I truly think this is the best answer: We run because we are runners. Runners run (assuming they are physically able to). Runners must run. Runners who don't run are unhappy.

Former runners who don't run are exactly that: Former runners.