Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Heat Wave Over? Training Resumes!

With the end of the record 1-week long summer heat wave in the northeast, that saw temperatures over 90 and high humidity on multiple days, I have resumed training, after a 6-day hiatus.  I ran 5.5 miles on Saturday, 7.2 on Sunday, then 5 miles last night.  Last night's run was surprisingly fast, 8:11/mile pace, possibly due to the "cool" conditions, with temperature around upper 70s, nice breeze, and humidity dropping during the run.

Tennis tonight, then hope to be back running tomorrow.  On the tennis side, I had my racquet re-strung and bought new tennis shoes, so we'll see if I can improve on my 0 and 9 match record for the season tonight.

2 comments:

mhmilch said...

Hi Guys,

I toured campus on Tuesday with my daughter Jocelyn and had lunch with Gary Truce. Thought I'd reach out and say hello. Hope everyone is well. I didn't realize that Spoon was no longer with us. I guess a lot has happened over 35 years I am not aware of.

Regards,
Mitchell Milch

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

Mitch: Thanks for posting!! Great to hear from you. My daughter will be a senior there this year. I have not been to campus in a while, and was wondering if Gary had retired yet.

By the way, what events did you run and what years? I think I remember you, but it has been a LONG time!!

Mark Raybuck