Sunday, April 17, 2011

When Does This Start Feeling Good?

I'm now back on a real bike whenever possible (as compared to being on a stationary one) and did some 17 mile rides last week. While these rides are flat the fact that they are always out and back and one way almost always has a strong headwind, makes them a bit challenging.

Typically I'm running each day, around 2 or 3 miles.

The biking is pleasant, except when the wind is so strong it feels like I'm not making any forward progress. The running is mostly unpleasant. My quads are almost always sore when I'm running and most of the time even when I'm not running (except when I'm biking).

I think until I get in better overall shape the biking and the running are fighting with each other.

I hope to get be doing some 30 miles rides within the next couple of weeks. I'll be happy if I can run 3 miles and not have pain.

1 comment:

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

People do duatholon and triathlon training, so it seems like you should be able to do both without getting sore. But maybe you are right that you need to get in reasonable shape. However, pain is sometimes and indication of injury, so be careful.........