Sunday, March 7, 2010

Last Gasp of Winter Training Update

This should be the last winter training post, but you never know here in beautiful Buffalo, NY. I did some more cross country skiing in the woods recently, once in Houghton, NY and once at Sprague Brook county park.


The latter time (Sprague Brook) had about the best snow conditions I've ever been on.....soft, powdery, not too slow or sticky, and not icy, beautiful, snowing the entire time.......for those of you that live down south, you don't know what you're missing!

But, this past week, although there is still a solid snow cover, my thoughts turned to spring, and track season. I ran a 4-mile loop on Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 8:37, 8:31, and 8:10 minutes per mile, respectively. I felt pretty good on Friday! Today I ran 4 miles at 8:18 per mile. Next scheduled run is Tuesday.

Mark

No comments: