Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Training Starts!

Wow! It was a tough few weeks. I was sick for two weeks in late February and couldn't run. Then, my nephew passed away and I was in NYC for the funeral this past weekend. Last week, prior to leaving for the funeral, I did manage to go for 2 or 3 short runs (a couple 2 milers, and I think a 3 miler, maybe a 4-miler). Then, 3 days off for the weekend, another couple days off due to cold weather (worried about aggravating my lungs after the bad cold I had) and finally a return to running last night, with about 3.2 miles at a moderate pace. Tonight the temperatures should be in the mid-40s, and I plan to run 4 miles, then keep right on going through the weekend. I need about a week straight of running, then I'll attempt my first spring mile on the track. I'm not expecting too much, due to nearly a month of not running or not running consistently. On the positive side, the illness gave my legs and body a forced rest and recovery period. Maybe this will turn out well, as I'll need some real stamina to attempt the sub-5 mile this spring or early summer.

I hope I have a mile time to report within about 9 days!

Mark

No comments: