Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Felt Good to Run Again!

Due to a week-long cold, and prior to that, cross country skiing, I haven't really run much in the last couple of weeks. Last night, however, conditions were perfect (for winter), with temperatures in the low 20s, no wind, and although a foot of snow on the ground, the roads were clear. I felt good, and average 8:19 per mile for a 4-mile run (per my Garmin). Now, this would be classified as a rather "brisk" training run, in which I pushed slightly, and if I had a running partner, it might have been difficult to carry on a conversation. The pace was not close, however, to a tempo run.

With over 6 inches of snow last night and tonight, it may be back to cross country skiing for a while again!

Mark

1 comment:

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

Keep up the good work in the winter, and I'm sure it pay off this spring when you attempt a "Sub-5."