Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back On Track

After I got back from Bangkok and Tokyo, having been off track for two weeks, it was a bit of a struggle to get back on the track and run the kind of workouts I had been running before going off track.
 
The first two days were not fun at all--it was all I could do to run 1.5 miles at an 8 minute pace.  By the end of the first week back, my workouts started to be about like they had been before I went off track.  By the end of the second week back on track, I think I had completely recovered from the time off track.  I was able to run a 6:50 mile--fastest time of the year.
 
I'd say the two weeks off track cost me four weeks of training.  The two weeks I was off track I didn't accomplish anything.  The two weeks after that were spent making up for the two weeks off track.
 
Four weeks is a lot.

No comments: