Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tennis Season Begins (but this is still about running)

Well, folks, I started clay court tennis season last weekend, with a rousing 6-1, 6-0 loss to a better player. The up side was that we hit for about an hour straight first, then played two sets at a fast pace. Although the score was lopsided, rallies were typically long, hard, and fast-paced, and we both had a tremendous running workout. This guy is in good shape, as he works out in a gym and on an exercise bike regularly.

Thursday I played someone more my ability, and won 6-4, 7-5 (after being down 0-3 in the 1st set). This guy was slower, and consequently, it wasn't much of a workout, but still fun.

I only ran 4 times this week for about 17 miles, plus the two times playing tennis. Came down with a cold yesterday, so I am not attempting any time trials this weekend.

Hope to do one by next weekend.

Mark

No comments: