Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Fell and I Did Get Up

Early this week, just down the block from home, at the very start of my run, I stepped on a pine cone.  Normally, my ankle would have turned, it would have hurt just a bit, and that would have been the end of it.  For some unknown reason, on this particular day and pine cone, I tripped and went flying.  I scrapped and banged my right knee (which is still a bit sore), drawing some blood, scuffed up both palms, and scarred my GPS wristwatch for life (but it seems to be working okay).
 
I got up, dusted myself off, and continued the run.  But I felt pretty stupid.  I expect a full recovery over the coming days, and am hopeful that it had no impact on my training.  Today will be the first time I'll know for sure.  I'll be running a half-mile on the track for time in a little while.  I hope I can ignore the discomfort and easily get under 3:00.
 
Doggone it.

1 comment:

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

Doggone it, Eric! It's amazing how infrequently we actually fall, considering all the years of running we have done.........I can't remember the last time I actually fell while running......anyway, I hope you are recovered!!!