Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mark's Late Summer Training Update

Hello, fans!  You've probably missed me!

I've been quite busy with real life, job, home, grandson duties, etc.

This summer I have made a more concerted effort to get my money's worth out of my clay court tennis club membership, trying to play a couple times per week.  That, combined with warm weather, explains a bit of a reprieve from heavy duty running.  I've probably only averaged 10 to 12 miles per week running that last couple of months, plus 1 to two times per week of fairly strenuous singles tennis matches.

I'm gradually starting to run a bit more, but still, I'm only doing 4 to 4.5 mile runs, at about 8:20 to 8:40 pace.  This will start to pick up soon, once I see signs of cooler weather, and as the tennis seasons winds down!

As usual, I hope to run some trail and cross country races this fall.

Stay tuned!!

No comments: