Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting in shape?

Finished last week with 29 miles total, plus one indoor bike workout.  Saturday's workout was a good one, consisting of 3 one-mile intervals in a park, on trails, with good rolling hills:  6:28, 6:21, and 6:22, about 4 minutes rest between intervals.  Started this week with 6 miles on trails Sunday (slow, quite fatigued from Saturday's speed workout), then a solid 2 hours of tough tennis last night.  I'm never sure how much value tennis has a workout, but the way I play singles, there is a lot of running involved, much sweating, and significant weight loss after playing.  I guess I'll count it as a workout!

Tonight I hope to be back on the roads, but it will be nocturnal and after dinner.

I am tentatively planning on a 5K trail/cross country race this coming Saturday, so we shall see what Saturday brings..................

Mark

No comments: