Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter Training Update: more of the same!

With continued cold and snow, cross country ski conditions have been great. I got out again Saturday and Sunday for about 2.5 miles each time, including some rolling hills. On Sunday, my time was faster, averaging 11:43/mile for 2.5 miles. For comparison, my usual 4-mile training runs are about 8 to 8:30 per mile. In fact, I had to work a bit harder to hit 11:43 for a 30-minute workout than a comparable 30-minute run at 8:20 or 8:30 pace. Part of this is probably that I am not a great skiier. The other part is the rolling hills and turns in the park. Hopefully, this is keeping me in shape for Spring running, and yet another year of attempting the elusive Sub-5 mile...........(it's easy to talk about a fast mile in the dead of winter while puttering around on skis).

Mark

No comments: